View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #18
Solumina

Ah okay, that makes a little more sense. Are you wanting to get out of the suburb or trying to make your lifestyle as sustainable as possible where you are? If the former what are you looking to do, I know a lot of people have a rather idealize image of living on a farm, unfortunately that isn't easy to do unless you are independently wealthy or at least have something else going on the side but if you are just looking for enough land to make enough to support an average sized family then that is a lot easier to do. If, however, you are looking to make the most of where you are there are a number of things that can be done, but those could vary depending on how big your lot is and if there are any weird local laws/zoning ordinances, or an HOA to contend with.

Either way I'd be happy to share any information and experience that I have (I unfortunately am a little limited in what I'm currently able to do but I grew up with parents who were very much into sustainability, conservation, and growing your own food).
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote