View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #88
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
First rule of the internets: NEVER READ THE COMMMENTS.

The welfare state & NHS are being dismantled before our eyes over here. A friend of mine who's disabled is being told his benefits are under threat (the dude is fucking blind for fuck's sake, so we 're not even talking "I has a bad back and can't sit at a desk", or something it might make sense to check up on. He cannot see. UGH).

I am so fucking disgusted with my country right now. Every time you think the Tories can't get more cartoonishly evil, they think of a new way to fuck the disadvantaged.
There is a similar thing happening here with the health care system at the moment.. there are constant cut-backs in the public sector with the politicians talking about how they're saving $x million - but not actually specifying where the cuts are going to be made.

We've just found out that we are losing the sexual assault counselling team that works out of the local hospital so that they can decrease spending, even though the budgets are in surplus.

The federal govt has ceased a dental scheme that they had run for the last 10 years or so, that let you get part of your dental costs covered if you had a chronic medical condition (like diabetes), because of the number of complications that occur later on from dental problems.. they are putting in a replacement scheme, which conveniently doesn't start until 12 months after they cease the one in place now. Once again.. the budgets are in surplus.

...ever noticed how it is the vulnerable who get fucked over when money 'needs' to be saved?
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote