Thread: New Pope
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 09:17 PM   #11
Loy

Asurai-considering that every pope since Blessed John XXIII has had inter-faith communication of all kinds with religious heads of all stripes, and said heads have had no qualms about coming to the table or discussing/debating differences and similarities, and both sides have walked away at peace with each other, your statement suggesting that something like this could never happen seems a bit....well, absurd.

....as far as the new pope thing is concerned, all I can think is "wow....another religious head I won't pay attention to". I mean, c'mon people, how many of you are A-catholic, B-PRACTICING catholic, and C-actually affected by this guys stance on these things? I mean, yeah, it would have been nice to have another Blessed John XXIII (who, by the way, pissed off a lot of the church during his papacy by trying to find a common ground between church dogma and modern life.....something to point out whenever people pull the "popes don't wanna modernise the church), but catholics have this guy....ho hum.