Thread: New Pope
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 10:53 PM   #5
Empty_Purple_Stars

Re: New Pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom

-Birth Control.

-Child-planning and care to populations.

The hope I had of the above things ^^ actually changing for the better were certainly blown to smithereens..

So South American women will remain doomed with one of the highest birth rate in the world, and one of the highest mortality rate's for women 35 and under, until this guy wheezes his last breath..

That has been my big problem with the Vatican, they have been so anti-birth control, and anti-family planning for so many years, which doesn't seem all that bad on the surface..

But when you look at Honduras and Guatemala, you see the problem..

These families are suffering terribly, with children they cant afford to care for, let alone feed. All because the Vatican says Birth Control is evil.

My surgeon volunteers 2 months in Guatemala every year with a team of doctors, and the stories she has told me are so horrendous.

Women walking three days just to see them for care, with prolapsed uteruses hanging down their legs, from bearing so many children.

They give birth again and again and again until their bodies give out, and then they die...

It's fucking criminal, and the Vatican just turns a blind eye to it all..

Yeah, gee that must be God's master plan..

Its fucking brilliant though, because the people believe they risk eternal damnation by defying God and using birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancies..

Control by intimidation.

Ring any bells?

Makes me ill..

And now with Ratzinger, things in my opinion will only get worse, not better..

And who suffers?

Millions of good people and their children, all because of someone outdated religious edict that has no place in todays world, in my opinion.

Argh, I'll get off my soapbox, it is just so disheartening to stand by and watch, like so many other things..

Makes me feel oh so much better as well knowing that Ratzinger was a member of Hitler's youth.

Whee=Not so much

:x :cry:
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote