View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 08:48 AM   #1
WolfMoon

Bird with a bum wing...HELP?

As I walked to the store this morning, I saw a little brown bird flipping and flopping around in the grass. Being the curious soul that I am I went over and got a better look at it.

I expected the thing to fly right away, but it couldn't get it's wings to work. As I bent down to pick it up, it tried to lodge itself under one and then the other of my boots. Definately not the safest place for a little bird.(Fuck my tooth is killing me!) So I carefully picked her up(I'm assuming that it's a her because she's all brown, but I'm not a bird expert). She didn't put up a fight, much to my surprise. One of the calmest birds I've ever encountered, in fact. She may be in shock. But she seems fully aware.

Being on my way to the store I couldn't very well bring her with me, so I put her at the base of a big tree and hoped she was there when I got back. She was, but moved just a little. So I took her home with me to decide what to do with her.

I carefully stretched her wings out and the only thing that seems wrong with her is her right wing muscle looks red and swollen. Like she narrowly escaped an encounter with a cat. Thankfully, it doesn't drag and doesn't seem broken. I figure if I let her rest up for a day or two she should be able to get out on her own again.

Any suggestions or tips, guys?
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote