Thread: Racist goths???
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #37
Acharis

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistsofFury View Post
I'm not sure what you are trying to express. I just hear you dictating what the proper response to insulting beliefs.
Yeah. I believe the people on the receiving end of discrimination do get to decide the response.

Quote:
I'm hearing you calling me a pussy for being tolerant.
You can’t tolerate intolerance.
Quote:
I want to hear what the words of those I disagree with. I want to examine the structures of their belief. Most people claim some level of logic to their values. I wish to examine it, even from my enemies. That is not being a pussy.
Why? Racism is basically illogical, why dignify the beliefs by allowing them your brain space? Fair enough if you’re doing that Socratic argument thing, but you cannot change wilful misunderstanding by giving your understanding.

Quote:
Oh yes and you also called me privileged why is that? Because of how I type? My avatar?
Because you get the option to ignore this shit, minimise it or treat it as some intellectual exercise.
Quote:
I know where the line is. I know what to do when that line is crossed in reality, not some hypothetical horseshit.
As opposed to others who would draw the line somewhere else? The line is crossed well before it gets to violence.

Quote:
There is a big difference between talk and action. Some online flexing is nothing. A bunch of shitty swastika patches does not equal being spit on by me. Wave the confederate flag all you want but if fists start flying it is on. You have your way I have mine. Notice how I'm trying to respect you even though you did not respect me? I’m just a newb/noob who cares right?
Talk and belief precedes and is used to justify action. When someone is being racist and you appear to accept it or give them a platform to talk about it, you are letting them believe it’s an ok attitude and you help create a supportive culture for hate.
Just like how you don’t have to **** to contribute to **** culture.

I’ll admit I’ve had the privilege of not knowing how racist some of my friends were, and I tried to respectfully change their minds on the unrelated but equally elitist beliefs they did openly express... and take it from me, it doesn’t work. It’s not worth your time. Just call racists out or boot them like I did.

Oh yeah, and as for the linked blog? The chick is like 20, and apparently recognises neither trolling nor sarcasm.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote