View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #3736
Jaye Jang

Two things today. My boss was in a good mood, so I did not get written up despite the fact that I as I said in the Rand thread, I did not have a good shift last night and I didn't make productivity requirements, either. (Turns out there were problems with the phone lines, yada yada, so she told me just to take PL, and try to make it up later). Nice.

Second, I finally got up the nerve to post a pic on here, then deleted it. Of course. (Wouldn't post one anyway because of privacy reasons and because for some reason, pics tend to disappear off here and also because I have a tendency to shoot myself in the foot, so I thought, "Why give people something they can use for target practice?" Like my kid says, I have all the social graces of a Sherman tank). However, posting the pic was nice while it lasted, because I finally got a good look at myself for the first time since I was about 10, and hey, my brother was wrong. I'm not that ugly. Granted, he was right about my making a better looking guy. (I think I can see why the Army mistook me for a guy and made a combat medic out of me, and still to this day positively insists I'm a guy). However, I've always avoided being photographed, etc., because I was absolutely convinced I was scary ugly. (I don't even have mirrors in my house because my white relatives always told me I look too Cherokee to be pretty by white standards, and my Cherokee relatives tell me I look too white to be pretty by Cherokee standards. So I keep a tiny little mirror on the fridge and that's about the size of it). However, I got a good look at the pics before deleting them and discovered that my brother was wrong, as I said. I don't look like the evil emperor from Star Wars, and I'm not scary ugly and I don't think my mug would even break a camera lens, much less a mirror. I do look like a 14-year-old boy, however, so I can see why folks on this site thought that I was. But finding out that I'm not THAT bad looking is kind of a nice ego boost.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote