View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 08:33 PM   #33
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
The Catholic Church accepts women? Why aren't women allowed to be Catholic priests, but almost every protestant church has female clergy?
Actually, women in leadership positions in most protestant churches is just as touchy of a subject as it is in the Catholic Church. However, women not being able to be clergy members =/= women being degraded or accepted in a church.

Quote:
The Catholic Church is almost 100% responsible for the perceived inferiority of women in today's Western society.
How so?

Quote:
The Catholic Church accepts "gay peeps"? This is so stupid I don't even want to go into it, the Vatican has repeatedly condemned homosexuality.
Yet, just like in some Protestant circles, there -are- some Catholic churches that accept homosexual clergy.

Quote:
You accept people of different religions? By putting them on a stake and lighting them on fire?
I haven't read anything about Unimatrix burning witches at the stake. As a matter of fact, I haven't heard of any Catholics burning anyone at the stake for any reason for several centuries. And those who did do such things were, quite obviously, insane. Since then, the Catholic church has calmed down quite a bit, and I think you have to evaluate it based on what it's like today rather than what it was like several hundred years ago.

Last edited by Tam Li Hua; 03-15-2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: grammar correction
Tam Li Hua is offline   Reply With Quote