Thread: The Tree House
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 09:31 PM   #61
BourbonBoy

*blushes* awe, why thank you! It's going well. Just got home from work and I'm having a White Russian or two

He does bring up some interesting points actually. Some of it's dry British humor ("I Fought the Law in Bloomberg's New York," "Martha, Inc.") and others have valid points that I've noticed aren't often included in the discussion. For instance, when in "Scenes From an Execution" where after attending an execution he mentioned that even after being in numerous war zones over the years, he was disgusted at what he witnessed and that state executions are nothing more than a tragic lottery for the poor. There's also when he took the famous Route 66 from Chicago to L.A., and he mentioned in the end that the U.S. is/was starting to become cookie cutter across the board.

And don't worry about being late reading Bram Stoker's "Dracula." I tried reading it once, and I grew terribly bored with the mundane, day to day stuff of the characters. For my money, I'd rather read Mary Shelly's "Frankenstein." Makes me wonder if I should look up some of the other old classics.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote