Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #1846
Jaye Jang

Okay, my rant for the day. Actually a 'twofer.' 1) Got another IMON (in my office, NOW) e-mail from my boss courtesy of my 'lovely' coworkers, so I get to go in to work and get 'shredded.' Yay. (The good news is I know this means I must have done something right, or at least better than them -- and their jealousy is -- once again -- showing). Woohoo.

2) I tried to join a Christian Goth site -- not because I don't love you guys, just because I thought it would be a oool thing to do. WRONG. I got rejected!!! Not because I'm not goth enough or Christian enough, but because my church is not MAINSTREAM enough!!! Is that a kick in the head, or what?? My pastor is the most mellow person on the planet. He was actually thrilled to have the church posted on a well-known Goth site (BTW my church accepts anyone who is bilaterally symmetrical -- or not. After all, they accepted me. Even made me the church librarian -- which is a hoot). My pastor was actually disappointed when our church was rejected, but the reason even baffled him (they refused to post the link because we are too 'different'). What is so hilarious is that this is a Christian Goth site telling my church folks that we are not "mainstream" enough and that we are too "different" for them!!! (I was like, "Are you serious?!!!"). If that wasn't so ironic it would be funny.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote