View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 06:45 AM   #3629
Jaye Jang

I finally found out what the thing is that's living in the firepit in the back yard. I saw it go in last night and thought, what on earth is that thing? It's too small to be a cat, but too large to be a rat. I thought at first it was a ground squirrel, since they are indigineous to this area, albeit very rare. Then I saw it this morning. It's a baby badger! It was sitting on the lawn eating goat heads, and believe me there are plenty of those on the lawn. (In fact, it can have all the goat heads it wants). That is until Animal Control gets here. I hated to call them, but now I know where Firecat went. That's why I was feeling really bummed this morning, because I hadn't seen her for awhile. Now I know why. The baby badger probably ran her off. Unfortunately, when it gets to be full grown it will probably kill her, because badgers get to be pretty good sized and they are very fierce little animals. Thus, Animal Control. I hated to call them because it's just sooo cute. But, badgers do bite and they do carry rabies, and I can't have it biting the grandkids. So now I'm bummed over the badger. I wish I could keep it, but I just can't. However, it did make my day to see it stuffing goat heads in its adorable little face.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote