View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #105
phalanxx

Cetaphil, witch hazel, and aloe vera gel (from the organic section, not the green stuff). Weekly exfoliating, biweekly clay masks, occasional glycolic acid treatment. I have oily skin with a really bad T-zone, but even now that I've hit 30 I have been extremely lucky to escape the skin problems my mother has (giant crater pores and excessive oil glands causing boils).

For makeup, I use Urban Decay eye primer, and that monistat anti-chafing cream for face primer. Reasoning is that it has dimethicone, which is the main ingredient in most foundation primers anyway. I also use brushes for all my eyeshadow. Learn to apply liquid eyeliner!

I also have fine, oily hair that is cut in a bob, so I shampoo and then use a VERY spare amount of conditioner, which is really just for detangling as I tend to get those tiny little tangles.

I have this problem with my nail polish peeling off all at once, and I figured out that it is probably because my nails are oily like my hair. I started using a nail dehydrator before I put on my base coat. You can get it at Sally's in the acrylics section. It helps my nail polish last a day or two longer. If you can afford it, getting acrylics really helps with that, but the expense involved can be off-putting, especially since my nails tend to grow fast.

HTH, Phalanxx
phalanxx is offline   Reply With Quote