Thread: Gas Prices
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 08:02 AM   #56
acrossthedam

While I don’t like or support Bush in anyway (the man should never stray from his cue cards) I am quite sick of him being the skate goat for the oil and economy crisis. The man can’t speak coherent English and people still choose to believe the man is capable of fucking up so badly. I once was watching a ventriloquist and he asked his puppet ‘there must be a few good jobs left for puppets?’ to which the puppet answered ‘yeah, but the president got it.’ The true blame I believe rides on the American consumer and the responsibility they have to buy efficient cars or carpool. If it cost you 12$ to get to and from work each day that would be cut in haft if you would drive a coworker, or if you bought a car that was 10-15 miles to the gallon more efficient (depending on the car you drive now) it would only cost 7-8$. Grow a garden, I have a vegetable patch that I weed every night, and the pick from in the morning and I’ll save hundreds of dollars this summer. Or even better BUY LOCAL, in my area I buy my meat dairy and bread within 15 miles of where I live at a farmers market, you can even find organic eggs for a few dollars less a dozen then at super markets. The population is lazy, and this is a normal Economic down turn to which people will adapt and learn how cope with the differences. Gas isn’t going down anytime soon, and prices aren’t going down, the option is to change the way you live, and I don’t mean not going to Florida this year, I mean seeing their economic means and living within them.
acrossthedam is offline   Reply With Quote