Thread: Picture Post
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 01:08 PM   #8540
Ben Lahnger

Hello ... long time, no type!

How is everyone?

I'm not officially back from vacation yet (I won't get into Houston until Saturday night, and probably won't post again to G-Net until Monday), but I thought I'd throw a few pics up quick from my Dad's house.

These are from the trip to Tenerife in the Canary Islands that I am just returning from.

Here's the pic of me and my Dad on camelback like I promised:

This is what I look like when I'm standing next to El Drago (The Dragon), a tree in Icod de Los Vinos that is over 1000 years old. I think this puts things into perspective nicely:

This is a picture of one of the snowcapped mountains we saw while we went on the tour of Mount Teide:

And here is a picture of the coastline in downtown Puerto de La Cruz. There is nothing in the world I have ever experienced like eating dinner at an open air restaurant with this view. Notice the volcanic rocks kicking up the spray. A little slice of heaven:

I'll talk to you all more about this soon, but let me tell you that it has left me exhilerated and humbled at the same time. An all-too-brief moment in time spent with my Dad that I will never forget.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick

Last edited by Ben Lahnger; 02-16-2006 at 01:10 PM. Reason: grammer