View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #15
mindless1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Why were you on them if you weren't already depressed? The only things that they are approved to be used for are mood disorders and anxiety disorders.

Bwa? They certainly have been proven quite effective, they just work best when used along with therapy. Unless you are talking about off label uses like treating fibromyalgia, but that has nothing to do with how effective they are for their intended purpose.

What do you mean you stopped feeling depressed?

Well the possibility is that I wasn't depressed, but experiencing apathy either from an anti-psychotic or schizoaffective disorder. But I started taking Strattera--which is for adhd, and it gets rid of my negative symptoms such as flat affect and fatigue. I guess it's hard not to be critical, but it's also hard to stay on top of it and continue to take medications to treat a disorder sooo misunderstood. My teachers come up to me and say they don't think I have schizophrenia or schizoaffective but Bipolar. My psychiatrist says schizoaffective is less severe than full blown Bipolar or full blown schizophrenia, but I don't know for sure. I haven't been back to the hospital in six years. I take something that's also used for Autism, and I'm starting to think it was Aspergers...but parents don't think the label itself matters and my psychiatrist disagrees based on history. She said I was hospitalized many many many times, quote...but I have only been hospitalized 3 times, in the same period about. Once when I was 15 and then 17 at 17 it was for breaking a cup, and my mom lied and my dad lied to get me support so they exaggerated everything.

I talked to an M.D. who also thought schizophrenia mant multiple personalities. I don't get depressed, I get apathetic because of side effects.