Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #8250
Solumina

We got a parking ticket (parking in a no parking zone which is $100) because where we parked by the beach was no parking 30 minutes after sunset. We got to the car as the officer was writing the ticket at 8:50 (he wrote 8:55 cuz he was a dick). When we got home I checked the official time for sunset and it was 8:19 meaning we were literally a minute late, six according to his time although according to him sunset was at 7:40. Fucking hell I knew we should have moved the car back to the apartment after we unloaded everything, I will be arguing it (spirit of the law vs letter of the law plus the atmospheric distortion at the horizon causing the sun to appear a full degree higher than it is making sunset seem 5 minutes late and all that jazz) but gah is it annoying.

Oh and the best part he said that someone had called it in and so he had to give us a ticket, if he had just been driving through and seen our car he would have had some discretion. So basically one of our busybody neighbors saw young people having fun and had to put a stop to that, probably the same person who likes to call and complain about suspicious behavior when I occasionally go for a walk at night. Sometimes I hate this neighborhood.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote