View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 07:27 AM   #40
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
I just like to ask questions. I know Agriculture needs a major overhaul before we destroy the soils that feed us. I just find it interesting that folks who proclaim themselves to be environmentally aware/conscious still wear cotton, drive cars and do activities that destroy the environment.
And I think that makes you a bit of a bitch. Most people have to be involved in systems of oppression, animal, human, environmental. Not everyone can afford eco friendly fair trade things. Most people have to get by. Its like saying if you're against r@pe, you shouldn't have a computer because the minerals inside might have come from the DRC. And its probably true, but I'm not going to give up fighting sexual assault because someone's a dick and thinks that invalidates what I do. As my Chinese prof used to say after telling us the horrible things Wal Mart has done to Chinese workers, "I know the competition isn't great either, but that doesn't mean you don't try and keep buying from the worst of the worst."
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote