Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #1683
Victor "Rilvor" Leonard

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555 View Post
I COULD postpone, but I also don't want to lose out on the apartment I want. Target still can't guarantee me a transfer. In fact, it's unlikely.. I would stay a bit longer if the transfer was guaranteed.

I am irritated that a herd of scene/emo kids invaded Tally Ho Theater. I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO Y'ALL GIGGLE AND TALK WHILE I'M TRYING TO WATCH ZOMBIES. Christ.
I really suggest you look both on the internet and go ahead and start watching the newspapers of wherever you want to move, if it's a different town/city/etc. It can't hurt to get an idea of whether or not the jobs are scarce or plentiful, hopefully the latter. It looks like you can tolerate working retail so you should be able to find something while others jump ship to avoid the incoming Holiday season. I've known many a people to quit for fear of the Halloween-Thanksgiving-Christmas trio.

But don't let Target string you along either, if you do decide to wait for a transfer. Employers will do that, just because they don't want to hire someone new.

As far as your scene/emo kids go....they'll likely get bored soon enough. That or one or more of them will get grounded or mommy and daddy will refuse to give them money. Just stick it out, they'll disappear one way or another.

In the meantime, try to imagine their faces on that of the victims or the zombies in your movie.
Victor "Rilvor" Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote