View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 03:01 PM   #70
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEED REBELION!!!
I cant really see myself wanting to be with anyone who isnt a person of color.
Everyone's a person of color. See, I could almost understand your point of view, save for one sole error: You assume paradigms among individuals.
Having a bias against "the white man" is not as bad when the above error is not made. The white man indeed is the epitome of oppression and privilege in this world. This is indeed a WASP world. Some anarchists shout "kill whitey" and they are justified to say that, even if they themselves are white.
But this is only because The White Man is a justified personification of societal evils. Slandering the white man for oppression is no worse than using the words "right" to express virtue and "sinister" for evil when these are hints of discrimination against lefties in most languages. It is no worse than equating darkness to evil and light to God.
But what you have said is that you shift these into specific individuals, making you prejudiced.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote