Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 03:22 AM   #7958
Jaye Jang

Well, finally get a break from work (for a few minutes). On my ancient laptop, so this will be slow. However, it's still snowing. The good news is I have work. The bad news is, it would take a 4-by to get into my driveway now (forget getting out). FB, I hope you're not in that area of Australia that the 'Net is calling the "purple zone" (goes beyond being red hot). Will be worrying about you now (lost one of my favorite summer hangouts for me and the kiddo this year to a forest fire, so no future memories for the grand-kiddoes). Fires are no fun. (Neither are blizzards and white-outs, and ice storms). Drat!

Ashley, et al. I will be keeping all of you in my thoughts. (Started trying to count all the relatives I've lost to the big 'C', or who are either survivors or suffering from sequelae or residua, and finally lost count. Too many painful memories there, anyway). Actually agree with euthanasia, but it's amazing how hard your survival instinct kicks in once it's you. (Miss A, you missed a reason: Responsibilities. Sometimes you just have to survive especially if someone else depends on you).

FB, sorry about what happened with your mother. Good you could be there at least as much as you could. (Couldn't do that for too many of my loved ones, due to distance or family "psychos." Missed too many funerals for the same reason). I'm sure she appreciated what you were able to do.

Sol, keep up the phone calls and the long-distance 'hugs', duckling. You'd be amazed at how much that shores people up during the tough times.

Well, got to go back to work. I've got a landlord to support.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote