View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 03:31 AM   #30
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
Now I agree with Awake Knights and would like to point out that I did understand BL's comment, though the references are not as direct, because I didn't feel a strong desire to paraphrase what it said.

I believe people can be responsible and thoughtful thinkers when expressing viewpoints. In fact, it might even be a compliment to assume someone is an empathetic and understanding person.... unlike anyone with a G A S M letters somewhere in their name.
No. That was my point. Reasonable and thoughtful thinkers would all conclude that discriminating against people based on race is arbitrary, illogical, harmful and wrong. Ergo there's no discussion of merit possible where all the reasonable and thoughtful thinkers agree in their positions. All can just state they agree and then silence ensues.

The only conversation would be between those reasonable and thoughtful thinkers, and the ones who hold that racism is somehow justified, who are thereby logically not reasonable (or thoughtful).

I don't (and I suspect most people here don't) want to have a conversation with unreasonable people. It's fruitless and frequently leads to headaches.

Racism in any form is indefensible.

/discussion.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote