Thread: New Pope
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 08:40 PM   #1
MrMaelstrom

New Pope

A german conservative is the Roman Catholic Church's new Pope (human representation of that organization's deity on planet Earth).

Now, if for one, I applaud the church's decision not to suck politically correct dick (the much hyped possibility of a new pope to be of african, south-american or asian ethnicity).
Well, the new pope belongs to an ethnicity that does not represent the reasons why others were talked about (diversity or affirmative action, if you will).

My concern is not whether the man is german, my concern is that he is a conservative, and, no matter how much JP the IInd influenced the crumbling of the Iron Curtain in his day, the church faces a lot different challenges today. These challenges would be better met by someone who knows personally the tragedy of Africa's constant losing war on disease, famine and ignorance; or the tragedy of South america's intolerance and corruption; or Asia's overpopulation, poverty and STD problems.
Someone who knows first-hand the need to change the mind of the church and its followers about the importance and need of:

-Tolerance and respect.

-Sustainable development.

-Birth Control.

-Child-planning and care to populations.

Enough to get you going?