View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 01:12 AM   #4182
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
The company I work at has been in existance for 20 years this year. So to celebrate that, they are taking the whole lot of us, office and warehouse alike, to London for 2 days.

We will be staying at a 4 star Hilton hotel, have a meal there, and then they're paying for everyone to watch the live show of the Lion King at the theatre. And the next day before we get the coach home we're all going to mooch around covent garden, do a little sightseeing and so on.

All paid for by the company .

And best of all, I have managed to get out of having to share a room with the most annoying human being on the face of the planet. My rants about Fran are in the depths of the rant thread. But for those who don't know here's the short version :

She's about 4'10 and so feels the urge to not speak to you, but practically SHOUT UP INTO YOUR FACE , by which I mean she's practically climbing up your nostril, because she clearly thinks everyone is deaf.

She has a voice like a higher pitched Marge Simpson. Laced with traces of broken chainsaw.

She has exactly 4 main topics of conversation. Her husband MAAAARRRRTIIIIN . Her massively spoiled brat of a kid JAAAAAAYYYYYDEN. Martin's brother. Martin's brother's girlfriend whom she dislikes.

She repeats whatever useless drivelling information she has about the above people , to every person that enters a room/area at least 3 times. Meaning anyone within earshot ( which at her volume means everyone within a 5 mile radius) will have heard the same story several times in the space of an hour, and again at random intervals during the day.

She has no recognition of when someone wants her to shut the fuck up and/or go the fuck away. She just rattles on totally oblivious. I have actually seen someone turn and look her straight in the eye, and tell her in earnest to fuck off . She carried on talking without skipping a beat. I honestly think something may be slightly wrong with her.

She is DESPERATE to share with me, and no one but me. Fortunately she only works three days a week, and I put her off by saying I wasn't sure if I was able to go as I had something planned and needed to check dates. I knew full well I was able to, and was merely waiting for another co-worker to make sure she was able to go too, so I could share with her instead.

She can indeed go, so lovely Karen has saved me from coming home in a straightjacket and handcuffs, and Fran from coming home in a bodybag.

I havent told Fran yet. I don't really care what her reaction is , I'm just relieved I don't have to share with her.

She's a nice person don't get me wrong, but my tolerance limit for being in her company is about... 10 minutes maximum.

Now the challenge is to spend as little time around her as possible during the trip. I MUS avoide sitting near her on thecoach. I can't be trapped with her for 3 hours in a confined space. I won't cope.

HT - it's a shame you are such a terrible snorer and keep everyone awake with your loud snores (use that as an excuse, it works wonders). Congrats on going to London. Sounds exciting.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote