View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 07:23 PM   #34
Murder.Of.Crows

What is louder, a whisper, or a scream? Which one makes you turn your head to listen? What about if you were far, far away from everything in between you and them?

People shout, they get angry because they are tired of being stepped over and ignored by people that don't and refuse to understand their problems. People don't generally enjoy being used by an entire society and then treated like trash when they speak up. When you take all you think you can take, you get violent. Because, nothing else has worked. Nothing else does. Martin Luther King Jr. isn't remembered for his letters to kindly inform people. He his remembered for his speeches, his rally's, his protests. Malcom X isn't remembered for his ability to turn a cheek. He is remembered for his actions, his voice, his fight. Those two are the most prominent, but not the only, people to stand for equality. They did so in fervor, not passive acceptance.

People who are stepped on by an entire society, they don't brandish their own racism. They are ANGRY. They are TIRED. They are EXHAUSTED. Because, every time they defend themselves, they are told to get over it. Because, you tell them it is just complaining. Because, YOU wash out their pain.