View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #22
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
Well that's kind of the reason as to why I think atheism is inevitable.

While it's true that atheism is a lack of belief, this secularization of spirituality is going to get to a point where the idea of a god wont even matter.

And that's what I find curious. What is a theist who doesn't even think that their assumption of a god is really all that important? What reason do I as an atheist have to care about people who wont put their god before humanity? It's benign.

Hell, atheists can even believe in spirits. But I'm finding a trend of the very idea of a god becoming less and less important.

Secularized spirituality may be what's happening now, but I'm confident that that kind of spirituality will indeed be the kind of spirituality that is harmless. I mean, you're talking about people who is cool with the advancements of science, medicine, philosophy, ect. I mean, the WORST you could probably get from these kinds of believers is the idea that drinking your tea is a legitimate substitute for taking your meds and that can be amended with a good reasonable conversation.

Oh, I wouldn't say everyone is on board with ALL of "the advancements of science." Still totally not okay with billions being pumped into creating new wonderful ways of killing each other, and I think there's a problem with blind faith in science. There was a politician once who said it doesn't matter if we cut down the rain forest, science will come up with a replacement so we won't need the rainforests anymore. Creating a mechanical heart was a huge costly achievement but we don't want to bother with making sure everyone has access to healthy diets and exercise.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote