View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 11:40 PM   #43
Saya

So, I don't think I'm going to be able to finish Gankutsuou, the ending was spoiled for me when it first came out and I didn't particularly care because hey, I read The Count Of Monte Cristo, what surprises could there be? But I can't finish it now because I know its going to break my heart. The anime does deviate from the plot, and it is Monte Cristo as a sci-fi, but holy shit does it suck you in and make you attached to the characters. I felt bad for them in the book but the anime is focused around the children of Villefort, Danglars and Mondego and how the Count's revenge affects them, and while you're cheering for the Count, god I feel so miserable. I also really liked how they portrayed Haydée, I didn`t care much for her in the book but she`s one of my favourites in the anime.

So I'd totally recommend it to anyone who really liked the book The Count Of Monte Cristo, its more loyal to major plot points than the movies I've seen, the animation is gorgeous and very well done. But crybabies like me, be warned.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote