View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #28
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post

I don't even want to really get into the assault rifle crap because nobody needs a fucking assault rifle.

I don't know. The likelihood of a weapon being used for defending your home at any point after its purchase vs the likelihood of it being used recreationally/killing 20 babies at a school/drug, booze or rage-filled killings/gang violence/accidents where kids find your shit is pretty low.

I dunno, man. I just fucking hate guns.
I hear you. I don't particularly like guns myself. I feel weird about the issue because if I should be so plain... I kind of agree with what Mao said "Political power comes from the barrel of a gun."

I think we can all see how incredibly effective this is.

Now I would say that the shame of gun control is that gun possession and ownership is established on much more conservative conditions in which I can't really find a solution to, only that I can say that I don't really agree with the conditions themselves.

I don't think disarming the populous is a good idea, especially since the west seems to be submerged and steeped in class struggle like whoah. In a sense... the working class SHOULD have a fighting chance and no, that doesn't mean middle class Americans either.

I'm not really a liberal either. I'm not convinced you can reform yourself to revolution that even means anything.

All I can say right now is that I am convinced that the wrong people have guns. When the Black Panthers started arming themselves, stricter gun control. When an anti-social rugged individualist white man arms himself, lax gun control.

I'm not a fan of violence; don't really like it. But I'm not a pacifist either. I kinda feel like pacifism translates more into protecting an establishment more than its more lofty dream of making people get along.

So I guess what I'm getting at is that I think it's unfortunate that in our culture, the issue of gun control and ownership is based either on reactionary white people owning them or no one owning them at all while not really allowing or thinking of anything to change class tensions.

Sorry if this seems overly antagonistic.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote