View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #459
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Oh dear I seem to have left out a part at the end there, eh I was tired. I must finish the ending to my post.

So now after 8 years, in spite of the fact that I have watch the ending on youtube several timesI found myself quite enjoying how the game ended.

It is a bit interesting to see how my stance on how I conduct myself in the game has changed over the years though. Originally when I first got started I found myself dedicated to achieving the survivable Camarilla ending. But when I found myself playing it over the past few days, I found that I was more inclined to supporting the anarchs, rather strange really.

Though I couldn't help but enjoy Caine's character in the game, and the bonding time we had as father and son(well some sort of great grandson). Ooh and having Malkav whispering in my ear so I never feel lonely was nice too.

Now for your questions versus. Favorite character..... Tricky question there, I quite liked the eloquence of the way Ming Xiao spoke, combined with the voice they used for her made a very nice combination. Shame I had to kill her.... and years ago I found myself quite enjoying Jeanette, her little fire of insanity is cute, and I've always been a fan of her voice actor. But after awhile of playing through her story over and over it gets annoying... Then we have the delightful confessions of a goddess, the dam sail, the widow,the stop sign, the great conversationalist that is the news anchor(he laughs a bit too much), Nines is a good friend figure.

I think for now I'm going with ViVi, due in part to how she reacted when I confronted her about Susan, and she had to take some time to pray for the girl she used to be.

Most hated character.. The blood bank guy, such an asshole, and completely out of reach, I would of loved to have been able to drain him dry...Though I did get a good laugh out of him. Second place goes to Johnny, young upstart Tong member that he is, I REALLY enjoyed draining him.... I also hated how his goons kept getting the goth clubber killed, I kept redoing the Glaze over and over trying to find a way to prevent her from dying but it just didn't work. Lacroix was just too childish to be worth the effort of hating him, though I didn't enjoy slashing him open with his letter opener any less because of that.

I was rather proud of how I barely used any blood packs throughout the game, and often even barely used any ammunition. I survived through the Nosferatu warrens with just a single blood pack and an odious challice, despite it being the part of the game with the most aggravated damage. Sneaking around in the last two quests of the game draining, stabbing or simply killing the enemy with my powers was quite enjoyable since I was finally getting a decent challenge while being able to dispatch everyone with ease.

All together I'd say I owe this game a debt of gratitude for introducing me to the world of darkness, and am looking forward to anything else that white wolf can offer me. I think that's all I'll say for now before my favorite character shifts again.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote