View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #52
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
I'm saying there is something wrong with a person who is able to murder his mother, steal her weapons, and then proceed murder a bunch of kids and elementary school teachers, and you think this makes me an asshole. That's fucking outstanding.

Like, oh well, sometimes people just up and murder a bunch of kids. It's just one of those things you know, and not connected at all to untreated psychological trauma or issues. People just naturally go on murder-suicide sprees every once in a while, nothing we can do about it. Is that what we're supposed to take away here?
No one is saying it either has to be untreated mental illness (is there any evidence he's never received any treatment? His parents were loaded, access was not an issue anyway) or its just natural. Its not like that it was said, I don't know, that American society exasperates feelings of isolation and aggression? That you live in a society that is violent to its core, and as long as it clings to its violence, its going to have seemingly senseless violence?

You're far more concerned with chalking this up to mental illness and walking away and being right than you are about what actually causes America to have so much random violence, apart from any country like it in the world.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote