Thread: Gun free zones
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #152
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
You know. I would imagine that Deadman has a fairly impressive armory by civilian standards. I would also argue that Deadman, gun for gun, gear for gear, is MASSIVELY outclassed by cops and the military.

He could not mount an effective assault or defense against a capability like that and THIS shooter came close to being about as capable as any guy decked out in SWAT gear.

This is not the time or place Deadman should be making his points.
And that doesn't even take into account the military's capacity to rapidly execute a collective action without applying a deliberate decision making process. It's training alone is enough.

When I was in Afghanistan, one of our platoons came into contact while they were dismounted and because of the nature of the canals and the village, they couldn't maneuver their trucks to support them. Because the cavalry typically operates with vehicles, all of our biggest guns were mounted. Effectively, the Taliban had them seriously outgunned and outnumbered, and our mortars couldn't fire into the village to help because of civilians. My platoon came in to support them, but we couldn't get our trucks there, either. We were still outgunned, but we had the numbers to match them. Even when they had bigger guns that could tear our armor to shit, we still killed over 30 of them while they injured 2 and killed 1 by the time the attack helicopters showed up.

Now consider that when I say that the military doesn't like to fight with out 3-1 numbers in our favor.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote