View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 05:31 PM   #7
Saya

Finally got the comics I wanted!

Turns out I was right about Wonder Woman, but indeed wrong about the apparent zombie. That wasn't a zombie, it was SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER, Hermes. Huh. He has a really weird design for a god I always thought was supposed to be handsome, but Apollo looks really cool. Otherwise, not a whole lot of talking for Diana herself, more setting up the plot and lots of action, but it left me excited to read the next issue. And now it totally makes sense why Hera would be pissed at her.

But yeah, what's horror seems to be how dark and evil the gods and mythical creatures seem to be, but doesn't really seem to faze Diana much. So far.

Batwoman didn't have much action, mostly it seemed to be setting up her next villain and kinda going over Elegy in case we forgot in the year that we were waiting for her comic. Still, art was amazing, and the villain set up is strange enough that I again really can't wait for the next one.

I got Animal Man and Birds Of Prey too, will probably dig into them later tonight.

ETA: I think I weirded out the comic book guy when I got my comics. Batwoman wasn't on the shelf and told me I'd have to wait for issue 2, because that's when they'd get the reprints, and I was like NOOOOO SHE WAS THE ONE I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THE MOST, and he magically found a copy in the back after that XD
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote