Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #6925
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
Eh my experiences with indian food haven't been that good, though to be fair they're rather rare, and when I hear about indian food choices I have no idea what to choose. I don't suppose you could give a few pointers about that.
Most Indian food that is widely available in the US is kind of crap, I've only been to one Indian restaurant that was really good (well three restaurants but they are all owned by the same family) but every time I've had home made Indian food it has been amazing so you kind of need to know someone who can cook it or do it yourself.

If there is an Indian place near you that has good reviews but you don't know what to try it can be kind of intimidating as a lot of it isn't just unfamiliar techniques but also unfamiliar flavors. Naan is an Indian flat-bread that, when done right, is seriously one of the most amazing breads in the world due to the lovely bit of char it gets from being cooked in a tandoor, so even if there is nothing else the least bit appealing I'm happy to live off of naan.

BUT before I just start going on about my favorite Indian dishes: what kind of food do you like? What textures and flavors appeal to you? Indian food is very much regional (but with lots of mingling and crossovers) and there is a lot of variety to pick from.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote