Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 07:33 PM   #8670
Fruitbat

Thanks Acharis and BB.

She's a tough old gal. Fractured some vertebra in her spine about three years ago, had to go into a brace for about 6mths. Just got her clearance to come out to Oz, then found out she had breast cancer.

Hopefully, she'll be better by next year, and I'll pay for her and her hubby to fly out. Yeah, it's going to take all my savings, putting my dream of a tiny house on hold (again) but she's my sister, and I'm a dumb sentimental fucker who puts family above all else.

My rant is that I drive 15 hours one way to see my brother and nieces... they can't be assed to drive 2 hours to see me. My excuse was I did the drive on my own with babybat, I had a rather bad cold and had to save my energy for the drive home... Oh and driving in Australia isn't like driving elsewhere. It's hundreds of kilometres with nothing. Google Hay plain images.. then you'll see what I'm talking about.

Plus you have to be alert to wildlife on the road. Kangaroos, foxes, emus, cows, sheep, womats, echidnas, dogs, cats, bunnies, horses... yeah, it's a bucket of laughs...
Here's a link with general images of the Hay area.

http://screencentral.com.au/hay-plains-hay/547/

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote