Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 05:02 AM   #6949
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
My mother is threatening to send my dick little brother to live with me to "straighten out". Fuck me if I could straighten out a paper clip right now. I'd just end up kicking his ass and giving him booze to stop him going out for coke and leave him a battered, bruised alcoholic who's STILL a dick, because I really cannot be assed to get into psychologizing his dickishness right now. I know I sound like an asshole, but I've sunk more time and energy into that kid than anyone, and until he actually WANTS to stop acting like a total cunt I don't see what everyone else expects me to do with him.

This is what happens in my family if you aren't married by 23: you become everybody's fucking babysitter, gossip dump, filler-in and general grunt. I'm set that I'm not fucking having this one right now, but I just know it's gonna cause drama if he pulls any more shit and my mother tries to kick him onto me.
Oh HELL no. At this point, it's not just about what you're willing to do for him (although frankly, I think you've done plenty already considering that he's your brother and not your fucking kid); it's about the sheer imposition. Tell them you also have a roommate to consider who wouldn't appreciate some coked-up 17 yr old crazying up the place that he's paying to live in too, and who could probably live without half his shit being stolen every time he pops out. Even if you weren't already having a crappy time with the whole break-up thing at the moment, this is just too much to ask.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote