View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 05:28 AM   #54
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Why would you think I didn't understand it? She was using the fact that stupid people vote to argue that the system doesn't work and justify not participating in it.

That's fucking dumb.
No I was using the fact that stupid people vote as an additive to my list of reasons why I dislike politics, and I believe that a person should make an informed decision in whatever they decided... but it's apparent you missed this part of what I said...

Quote:
I have not talked to many people at all who have thoroughly researched EACH and EVERY candidate that is running for whatever position they happen to be running for, and determine which person will be the best at the job description.
also here:

Quote:
Bottom line is, I don't believe in voting for someone just because I can, but because I know enough about them as a person to trust them to lead our country in the best way humanly possible.
So if you are truly understanding what I'm saying, you know that I don't vote as a personal choice, and that's because I have absolutely no confidence in our government or this democracy because guess what,

I watch what people do, I don't listen to what they say.

I made the statement that a lot of people do vote for candidates for stupid reasons, but I never said that this is the sole reason the system is flawed in my eyes, so don't misinterpret my words my friend. Thank you for your input Despanan.
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote