View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
CountVonCount

I died for beauty, but was scarce, adjusted in the tomb

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I'm a bus boy. Other than that, I draw.

2. Where are you from?
Seattle ..the Emerald City without those green glasses, just broken glass and drab cement with down and out folk on every corner.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Poppy Z. Brite

4. What are your favorite films?
Disney's Little Mermaid, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Big Top Pee Wee, Secretary, Mannequin, The Cell, Addam's Family 1&2, Edward Scissorhands, The Craft, The Witches Of Eastwick, The Chipmunk Adventure, True Romance, NBC(I'd give anything to live in Halloween Town...endless orange skies with diamond be-cpeckled veleteen midnights? Year round pumpkin patches?? Cobblestone??!?)

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
The first two songs will be Last Day On Earth by Manson followed by Kiss The Girl from Disney's Little Mermaid

6. At your funeral?
Live orchestra and a selection of singers playing songs like Gloomy Sunday, Strange Fruit, and a handful of other gloom and doom tunes.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
I hope to be unearthly old, most likely half synthetic depending on the technology, and either a)drive myself into the Bermuda Triangle atop a gallant ship; b)be eaten alive by Vultures raised from hatch lings by my own hand or c)on a bed of rose petals, smothered alive by doves...while my spouse and children watch.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
First off I'd need a crypt, every inch covered in sculpted beast and beauties..mermaids, demons, grim reapers and mythic looking men and maidens bukk nekkid; the casket would be propped against the back wall so all could see from a singular window in the front (the iron framing would have to be just as extravagant..sculpted ivy and serpents entwined) Glass on all sides but dipped half way up in gold...some collection of poems and a personal message inscribed...while my skeleton alone, cast in silver with even more poetic babble inscribed, lay against a cushion of lavender silk and baby blue chiffon piping. Add black velvet curtains, candelabras with hot pink oil lamps, blackened rose petals over a crimson carpet and put the whole thing a top a 20 foot tower in the middle of a tiny lake and you've got yourself a spot! In short, a tomb that would have Bram Stoker doing summer salts in his grave for the rest of eternity.
9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Count Von Count's cape with a 10ft black velvet train lined with red silk; giant ruffle(Edwardian?) collar; fit black button up shirt with those fun white lace cuffs of the french court and Shakespearean times...google had little help in naming these or that collar; black velvet pants and knee high ballet boots, the heels being made of silver..chunky heels 'cuz I'm no ballerina..add some silver tipped straps and such for aesthetics. All designed by Alexander McQueen.
I hate everything I own except my 2ft 3 tiered wallet chain..throw that on the above pile.
10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Ignorance of life. Everything simply was; it wasn't even what you made it, it just was just there. Learning the few things there are to know and then learning that EV.RY.THING. about life is pretty much either a good guess or wishful thinking...whoa, kinda sucks, especially seeing the hot mess we've made of it.
My fondest memories as a kid come from Halloween tho..staying up as late as possible to get decked out in whatever skin I wanted and get candy for it?! Not to mention the smell walking down costume aisles of any store with the over powering smell of plastic Halloween masks..ah~<3
11. What's your favorite band?
The Knife/Fever Ray but I listen to anything that catches my ear. My playlist could easily be compared to that of a 13yr old barbie girl at times.
12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
Graduated high school in '08, been taking a year off. I'm taking some art classes this summer to get me back in the swing of things before perusing a graphic design degree. Who knows after that, there are so many pies I want to stick my finger in.
13. Why did you join?
While loving the culture and life of being goth, it's not the easiest to get to know other goths let alone approach them. Not to mention our scene's completely underground thanks to Emo and Scene. I'm betting on a resurgence around 2010/12 tho. I feel it will have the power of the scene in the 80s/90s but capture the glam of the 20s, the dessolation of the 70s but embody the personality of 1800s literature (everyone was practically goth by default..who wasn't stuck in a shitty situation?)
14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Male who grew up with major womb envy but learned to cope..ha. Don't care to say this team or that, I don't play any games but my own.

Um...I'm a romanticist who grew up on fairy tales, fables, myths and legends and love any other kinds of abstractions that show just how primal humans will always be. I hate the deceptive simplicity of this age, how technology is used for convenience more than concept and class has virtually evaporated out of every soul. I crave extravagance but that's probably because of the fairy tales. I'm extremely shy in person as I have yet to figure how to move in the world without it having to move me. I want to live the life of a Disney villain but I would rather cut out tongues and devour souls than grant petty wishes for petty fools, but I'll always lend my neighbor a cup of sugar as long as they say please and thank you. Some key role models in the shaping of who I am and still aspire to be: Ariel, Pee Wee Herman, Bettie Page, Marilyn Monroe, Poison Ivy, Captain Planet and Edgar Allen Poe(more his words than his being a wino)
Oh! And the three fates- suave and seductive Bela Legousi's Dracula, Monster that is man Nosferatu, and happy-go-lucky-child dressed in black Count Von Count
CountVonCount is offline   Reply With Quote