Thread: Zimmerman walks
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 08:06 PM   #20
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Keep tellin' yourself that. You can see that shit up close during a fight, even at night... which is what happens before Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin.

I'm curious, are you even capable of an original thought, of considering points outside of your already rather set point of view?

No matter how much I discuss or argue with you I already know that you're going to cherry pick shitty data to support your two favorite points, "crazy people shouldn't have guns" and "racism don't real"

*eye roll* Seriously, guy. It helps if you pry your eyes open to look at what's in front of you in a deeper, more meaningful way than what's been spoon fed to you from birth.
The confrontation didn't start on the ground though - Zimmerman made the decision to follow Treyvon long before the two were face to face. In the audio from Zimmerman's call, he couldn't even confirm Treyvon's ethnicity until almost a minute and 10 seconds into his phone call. Is that dead solid proof? No. Obviously I can't confirm whether or not Zimmerman is truly in his heart a mean nasty racist. It is however a reasonable basis to assume Treyvon's race might not actually be the deciding factor in reaching his decision to creepily stalk him.

You have no idea what my point of view is. Usually any time I disagree with someone on here they try to lump me in with some ridiculous extreme group and make absurd assumptions about what I believe or outright ignore what I'm actually saying and beat up on strawman arguments. For example, I never said racism isn't real, however, here you are pretending I did.

Rather than try to consider what was going on, you take the lazy approach. A black kid was killed by someone who wasn't black, that can only mean RACISM full stop, case closed. There couldn't possibly be any other motivation, right?

---

You guys are right, "orders" isn't right. Judas, right on, Solumina, nailed it. If he had done what he was told, Treyvon would still be alive. Zimmerman couldn't just do what he was told and sit in his car to wait to give the police his report, he had to be the hero.

A series of stupid decisions by a guy who should not have been allowed to have a gun resulted in an absolutely needless death.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote