Thread: So Overrated...
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 04:19 PM   #18
Lourleen

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejugglingtroll
Need I mention Harry Potter and Lord of The Rings? Though I can't decide if it's the books that are shit or if it's the ridiculous amount of hype surrounding them that pisses me off. I suspect it's a bit of both.
I totally agree with you!! I read the Hobbit many years ago, but now when I try to face the trilogy........God! I can't stand it!

Regarding overrated writing, as a Spanish student my number one is El Quijote. I could never read it completely when I was at School. It was extreeeemely long and it's not as good as all that! All this Spanish proud in the anniversary traduced on never-ending advertising, sponsors.... (Sorry for the defenders of Cervantes, jeje)

By the way, Dracula was not the first literary work on Vampires; one of the first was The Vampire, by John Polidori. However, it became a reference in the society of that time, because it is located in that moment of time, not in a remote past, and used the historical character of Vlad. Appart from that, it can be a little bit boring, but I still consider it a masterpiece. :wink:
Lourleen is offline   Reply With Quote