Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #6921
Solumina

I am annoyed with my mother's boyfriend. Not because he did anything dickish or because he anything, he is actually a really nice guy, and not in the "Nice Guy" kind of way, he is genuinely very nice. He is just boring. It has kind of been bothering me since I met him but I figured that my mother has enough joie de vivre for the both of them and as long as she was happy then whatever.

I have now been pushed over to the "he is not good enough for her" side of the fence as she brought up the possibility of him being her date to my cousin's wedding and he responded with no enthusiasm what so ever. He literally said (in a flat tone) "that could be nice". Now if this were a normal wedding then I could understand the lack of excitement, I mean really if she is excited about it then you should fake a little, but this is no normal wedding. This will be an absolutely over the top traditional wedding in India (where the bride's family lives), how the hell can you not get excited about that? For fucks sake the bride's family is hosting pretty much all of us (god I hope so badly that I will be able to be included in that us, and I will hate the Navy forever if timing prevents me from being able to go), including meals prepared by their chef, so other than airfare it is a free week in India where you are guaranteed to stay in an amazing place and eat amazing food. You suck at life if you cannot be the least bit excited about that.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote