View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 01:23 AM   #25
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsing the Son
I'm with Steppenwolf on this one. Nothing is more revolting than someone who takes pride in their own ignorance. You were supposed to stop thinking that being stupid was cute shortly after you began your education. I've been reading habitually since I learned how and I suggest you take it up as soon as possible.

There are few hobbies you can pick out as rewarding as reading. It exercises you eyesight and comprehension. Reading the thoughts of others will open your mind and elevate your understanding of your fellow man. It is not just an excellent source of entertainment, as reading a book takes up a good amount of time without much spending or effort, but it will cause your conversational skills to flourish as well.

The list goes on. There is absolutely NO reason not to read. Ignorance is not cute or positive and being content with being stupid when you could just as easily choose otherwise is unforgivable.
I thoroughly agree.

That makes me feel happy to be a bookworm.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote