View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #34
Apathy's_Child

Nah, there’s no "hate" from me here. Jilly and I may throw down now and again, but it’s usually based on dick-waving rather genuine animosity. He’s good people and I ain’t claiming otherwise. I just don’t get how his antipathy to other kinds of prejudice fits with some of his attitudes towards physical appearance.

“I didn't see it as the page changed. I used the word ugly to talk about the noobs that are just not wanted, you're the ones that took it as something physical.”

Dude, please. You pulled the same shit in the weight thread, claiming when you were pulled up on your declaration that fat people “irk” you that you mis-translated. It’s bullshit. You’re perfectly capable of using English in an articulate fashion when you want to. If you want to take issue with my point, go for it, but pretending that you inadvertently used the word “ugly” as a substitute for “dipshit”, without being aware of its connotations in common usage, is deeply unconvincing.

I take back “bigotry”, as it’s a strong term for what I’m actually asking. However, I don’t think I’ve ever heard you talk about a woman you’re dating without citing her hotness - not so long ago, you talked about going to a party with a girl, her not liking you, then leaving with an even hotter girl, in an “IN YO’ FACE” manner. To put that remar in context, I don’t think I’ve ever heard you talk about a girl you’re dating in any capacity aside from how hot she is. Same thing in the plus-sized model thread – didn’t you say something like “If you can have a skinny girl OR one who weighs 140, why would you ever want the bigger one?” And don’t say that just because you don’t find non-skinny girls physically attractive, it doesn’t mean you have issues with them. That is NOT “me, I’m attracted to thinner chicks”. It’s “Dude – why would you even WANT to bone a chick who isn’t thin??? DOES NOT COMPUTE.”

Or this little gem, from the Fat-Bashing thread in Politics: “Personally I do tend to be a 'fattist', let's call it. I know some people are overweight because of legitimate biological reasons but even knowing that it still irks me.” HOW is that not a prejudice, when you apply it to overeaters and sufferers of medical conditions alike?

I get why you might think I’m just picking on you – you’re not the only (or the worst) offender for this kind of talk. That whole plus-sized thread turned out pretty awful, and made for depressing reading on all sides. But you’re also the first to call out other forms of prejudice – hence, my question.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote