Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #7144
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
I've been trying to live by the Buddhist tenet of speech lately that goes "Before you speak, ask yourself: is it true, is it kind, and is it necessary?", and have really been struggling with the part about being kind; there's so much that makes me angry when I look around. And while it always feels righteous, every arsehole in the world thinks their bullshit is justified, right? I'm starting to worry that I'm just becoming embittered, and that a combination of a rough patch in the personal life, and the genuinely fucked-up nature of this world we live in, is slowly turning what I always considered my bullshit detector into nothing more than plain bad temper and hair-trigger aggression.

And on a not-improbably related note, I need to sleep so bad. I'm about two more sleepless nights away from caving and either going back to being a useless lifestyle-stoner, or hitting up the doctor to beg for the pills I've been trying so hard to avoid.
I went through a period where I had to decide if I was going to be a cynical bitch or chose a lighter path. I chose the lighter path, although it would have been a shit load easier (and much less of a battle) to be a cynical bitch. Everyday I have to make a concerted effort not to tell the world to fuck the hell off.

My ex would tell me he loved me, then he would do terrible things to me, tell me how I wasn't very attractive, how everything was my fault. I still have no idea how the fuck I survived him.

I came out of that period in my life hating everyone and myself and I can still remember walking through the open mall in Newcastle (NSW) and consciously making that decision not to let the past control my future.

Don't let the bastards win.

**Had to get a filling... $200 poorer and another one on monday (((((((

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote