View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 12:51 AM   #2367
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrionCorpse View Post
I have ASMR. Not that it's really uncommon, most people don't realize that's what it is though. So wonderful:P
Hmm, interesting concept, and I must thank you for sparking curiosity about it in my mind. Given the fact that its an issue of a sensory nature I was inspired to see if there was any obvious correlation with autism(none), also to see if this would lead to any information about that lovely little sensation I often get when I hear a particularly lovely musical composition. In that sense I was unsuccessful, while I did come across frisson, it did nothing to explain the particularly pleasing sensation I feel at what seems to be my brain stem. Pity, perhaps another day.

I am curious however how you feel about the nature of your reactions to these stimuli? While what I've read says they feel pleasurable, pleasure of certain types in some cases can be considered unpleasing. With that in mind I am curious if there is a point with which you just want the sensations to stop. Has there ever been a case where someone you know has deliberately abused such sensations by just repeatedly triggering them over and over causing you to become irritated with them?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote