View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #346
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
Because that shit NEVER happens.

Oh, wait...

I'm not familiar with the BOR, but doesn't the idea that you need to be a citizen actually create a further level of privilege for some people?

And shouldn't we be concentrating on fulfilling basic human rights for all people? I kind of like the idea that NOBODY should get extra until EVERYBODY has enough...
I guess.

People are just supposed to have certain rights because they are people, regardless of where they happened to be born or who they happened to be born to.

Interestingly enough, I don't think citizenship is required, non-citizens can purchase firearms provided they are in the US legally

"If the buyer is not a U.S. Citizen, then he or she is required to demonstrate that he or she is legally within the United States by providing to the firearms dealer with documentation that contains his/her Alien Registration Number or I-94 Number."

OH! I think you misunderstood. Deadman said "protection of the Bill of Rights", not the rights themselves. All humans are supposed to have the inherent rights, we just can't force all nations everywhere to stop preventing people from enjoying what they naturally have. Everybody has those rights, we just have a government set up with the ostensible purpose of ensuring they aren't infringed.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote