View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 03:35 AM   #2594
Raptor

On Youtube it just seems to be samples in English, no lyrics? There's a song of the same name by a band called Slime but I have no idea what they're saying besides the title (Death is a master from Germany). The lyrics to that are online, does this sound right? Google Translate. The few words I remember look right anyway. Celan's story is a reference to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I should look up the Simpsons! I was thinking more of English movies that have Germans in them, stereotypes I know and rarely German speakers themselves. Like I always though 'ich' was like ICK and no. No it is not.
I looked for Homer singing in German awhile ago but I couldn't find it online, our teacher had them on video or DVD. You should definitely watch it if you can find it though.
Oh, I see what you mean. The kind of movie where half the words that the Germans say are "schnell!!!!"? Haha. Still, it is a bit harsher than English. Last time I was in Germany I got made fun of by a Dutch guy because I wasn't pronouncing something harshly enough.

On a similar note to The Simpsons, I saw this on TV in Italy haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdo7b3UaIA8
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote