View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 01:20 PM   #40
Pathogen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
i suspect no one here has an issue with LEGAL immigration.

the issue here, today deals with ILLEGAL aliens.

ILLEGAL.

there's no wiggle room there to discuss.

ILLEGAL aliens broke the law.

LEGAL immigrants followed the rules.

lord dagon - for the first time since you joined, i both agreed with and enjoyed the words you wrote on this thread. thank you for your honesty.

to everyone who jumped on 4mytribe's back, i'm confused. are you all saying that we, american citizens, should simply lay down, surrender our country and forfeit our laws to ILLEGAL aliens - just because they demand it?

this isn't a prediction of what's to come. these protests / riots are going on now. right now.

is it ok for ILLEGAL aliens to mandate how our country will treat them? if you think it is, i don't know what to say to you other than in my opinion - you've laid down and given up your own rights as americans. you've allowed people from outside the country to tell you how you're going to live.

and that you would both argue for them to sidestep our laws as well as attack a citizen who voiced concern about this... that's both frightening to me as well as unsettling concerning where this country is headed.
EDIBLE_EYE: This is possibly the 1st instance where you & I are on seperate sides of an issue. And this post will probably result in us becoming enemies. It will also possibly result in me leaving this messageboard for good.

I'm willing to risk it.

I've already laid down my response to 4MyTribe's 2 posts regarding the immigrant-rights protests. I stand by them. Immigrants [undocumented or otherwise] have every right to tell the powers that be how they should be treated; they obey the same laws & pay taxes yearly like U.$.-born citizens do. The only difference is: They don't don't want to do anything to jeopardise their immigration-status. They've cautiously avoided any kind of open political dissent [street protests] because it would do such. Until now. Until a Midwestern G.O.P. senator devised/released House Resolution 4437 last Fall.

I respectfully disagree with your rather nativist/patriotic response to this issue.

And far as I'm concerned, NO ONE IS "ILLEGAL".
Pathogen. is offline   Reply With Quote