View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #15
CrimsonPythonidae

Uh, so I just opened my web browser and my home page is a news site... Coincidentally this was a headline:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...x-for-disabled

Saya, he does know about my mum. I also brought it up again for the purpose of trying to prove my point in our discussion. This is really embarrassing to admit, for obvious reasons but the "friend" I'm talking about is actually my boyfriend. I suppose I don't want to admit that I'm with someone who has such a massive difference of opinion on an issue like this. It's seriously bothering me. Which brings me to..

Cuckoo, spot on. I don't think he realises just what he's saying but I need him to realise it.. I'm not the kind of woman who can be with someone who has such an annoying and offensive view about something I find serious. It's upsetting. I did make a breakthrough at one point and he told me "Okay, yeah I see your point, that makes sense." But he is still being a bit stubborn on the main issue and I just really needed things to say to him to make him rethink his stance on it.
Thank you, by the way, everything everyone has posted here really helps.

MOC, My brother and I have a friend (someone my brother works with) and I can't say for sure that he isn't a r@pist or anything but he is still a virgin at 38. He is a really nice guy and I seriously doubt he would resort to forcing himself on a woman to satisfy himself. Although, I hear he does have a rather large p0rnography collection.

Alan, I can't say for sure but I think it's a bit of both. He said something like "Surely prostitutes are a good thing because it must keep the incidence of r@pe down." He seems to be under the mistaken impression that if men have access to sex, paid for or otherwise, then they are less likely to sexually abuse. As in, if someone who may have the (makings?) or um, what's the word? If someone were going to sexually abuse or r@pe because of an unfulfilled "need" for sex then them having access to sex that they could buy would deter them from sexually abusing or r@ping. He doesn't think prostitutes should be mistreated in anyway. He's not suggesting they should have violent customers. Sadly they do though.

I don't know. It's stupid and I hate it. It's a frustrating argument that I kind of need to have him change his opinion on or this relationship simply isn't going to last. That makes me sad because we're quite serious and I honestly have no idea how we've gotten this far without me knowing that he has a shitty opinion like this..

This is why I need info or advice or whatever because I really want him to see this differently. I simply need to present my points (and all of yours which are a brilliant help, thanks again) in a way that will open his eyes to what he's saying and how he sounds then I'm sure he'll come to his senses. He is a good and reasonable man, if somewhat ignorant it seems :/
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote