View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #47
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Is that a bad reason?
I don't particularly see it as a bad reason. It's certainly not a good reason and seriously... looking at some of the other candidates, there were a lot of radical leftists to choose from. Compare a lot of the things Obama has ratified and such and then ask any liberal American what it is they really want and I can almost promise you that they wont come close to getting what they want out of Obama. He's certainly not going to try and stop the empire. But hey, at least he's using robots.

The way I see it; I feel like the younger generation and the liberals of America got spooked into voting for a guy who at least seems like he's on their side. I don't blame them either. Imagine if Jill stein got 50% of the liberal vote, thus removing any chance that the liberals could have won and establishing Romney as president?

This isn't voting on terms that are honest. I see the liberals never got much of a chance to shop around for good candidates; they were just frightened into voting for a Dem so that the big bad Republican wouldn't enforce fascism lite on the people. I feel like in some ways, the American people have been coerced into making an emergency decision instead of being able to give their electoral determination a real chance. I also think this is basically a bad problem with a two party system. You can't also assume that Romney had honest support for 100% of the right. I'm sure the right was also panicking into picking a guy they really didn't entirely like.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote