View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 07:47 AM   #1520
Ben Lahnger

ZOMG! They've combined video games with a tavern! When I die, will I go there? Oh, I hope so!

Mana Bar: Australia's First Video Game Bar

Featuring next generation video game systems available to play 7 days a week with the latest, greatest, and most social games available. You'll even be able to play games before they're released!

With unique events every night of the week, exclusive prizes and giveaways, and the ability to buy new games behind the bar as well!

The Mana Bar is one of Brisbane's most funky drinking venues, with a unique selection of drinks and custom cocktails on offer. Open now, the Mana Bar is located at 420 Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley.

Ack! It's in Australia!!! Why can't one of these open up near me?

Here's a video showcasing what it was like on opening night.

And here's the website. I was stunned when I clicked on the GAMES tab to see the quantity and variety of video games they have available for patrons to play in July!

Seriously, someone needs to start one of these here. There's got to be hella money in the concept, and it looks like so much fun! I used to run video game nights at a local bar, so I know the interest in this would be high here. All I need is a moneyed chump ... er, ah ... an investment partner. Yeah, that's the ticket.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote