View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #333
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
"He also announced 23 steps he intends to take immediately without congressional approval. These include improvements in the existing system for background checks, lifting the ban on federal research into gun violence, putting more counselors and “resource officers” in schools and better access to mental health services."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...,3325027.story

Who's planning on writing the White House?
My argument against "more resource officers in schools" is that it not only has it proven to be ineffective in most cases,it is also more taxpayer funding that is going to be wasted when there is no need to do so,the cheapest way to prevent this type of waste (both in cost to the tax payer and in loss of life) is to get rid of gun free zones,teachers and staff (as well as students that are of legal age) that have C.C.W. permits would be able to carry,these same people carry in public on a daily basis without causing problems,such also means that a given school isn't limited to the protection of one or two resource officers,in fact it multiplies the chances that someone will be able to act effectively in case such an event takes place.

Also,it mentions that Doctors are not prohibited from asking those in their care about firearms ownership,such could equate to a defacto gun owner database that could very well lead to abuse.

Also,what is to say that simple insomnia or other minor problems would disqualify someone from their 2nd Amendment rights?

My point of view after reading the 23 points made,is that the slope has become ever the more slippery.

And such favors the will of the few over the rights of the many.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote